- Phone becomes very slow sometimes - could be due to Good Messaging.
- Good drains battery and introduces an annoying bug. Incoming calls don't show the user name, only the number is displayed.
- Lack of dedicated music keys. The soft key is buggy. If you're listening to a song/podcast and try to fast forward/backward the mp3 will restart. I found in some forum that the bug is triggered if you change the volume while it's playing (which I happen to do all the time). I can't believe this stupid bug is yet to be fixed.
- No GPS. I already mentioned this. Cell tower based location identification is pretty neat but doesn't match GPS.
- Lack of apps. I would dearly love scrabble and some decent apps on the phone. The only one I like currently is Google Maps.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700
I currently have a Nokia E63. Had endless trouble with it initially - it would hang frequently when answering a call. After a firmware update, things are a lot smoother and I've begun to like the phone. Push mail via Good messaging works pretty neat. Google Maps is excellent - though I wish I had splurged and bought an E71 for the GPS. Phone is pretty decent for the price - I bought it for about 12.5K Rs and it's now dropped to around 9K Rs. For the price, it's definitely value for money. The keyboard is pretty usable and it's definitely a decent business phone. All that said, I do have a long list of complaints for the phone